What is Hillview Service Team?
Hillview Service team is a student-driven, parent-run lunchtime club that meets monthly in the PAC or selected classrooms with about 50+ students. The goal of the club is to give back to the community, and have fun doing it!
Previous projects have been to support Ada’s Cafe, the City of Menlo Park, Martha's Kitchen and Save the Children--each was a remarkable example of parents and children working together for a greater good in our community, country and world. This year, we have several new projects under consideration, including cleaning up our Bay. For all kids that join us for 2 or more projects, we offer a "Certificate of Service" at the end of the year.
As you probably know, doing for others FEELS GOOD. It's a developmental asset that helps kids and teens learn and thrive. We want Hillview students to actively engage with service to others in a very meaningful way.
How do I join?
We hope a record number of Hawks will join the team online using their Schoology account and code: SZXR-5X57-FPVVB. This is where all information about the meetings and projects will be communicated. Our Service Team kick-off meeting for those interested kids will be be announced in coming weeks.
The team parent leaders are Dana Goldstein and Maya Herstein, partnering with teacher leader Sarah Dara-Abrams. We hope more parents will volunteer on select projects throughout the year--we can always use many helping hands. Any questions can be directed to email@example.com.
Some of the Service Team's Events from Prior Years:
- Planting trees in downtown Menlo Park
- Prepping food at Ada’s Cafe
- Sandwiches for Martha's Kitchen
- Sunflowers and Ribbons for Peace in Ukraine
- Dog Toy Project to support Pets in Need
- Meet and Greet with Paws for Purple Hearts
- Candy Donation for Operation Gratitude Troops
- Meet and Greet with Streets Team
- Meet and Greet with Samaritan House
- Cereal Drive to benefit the Samaritan House