Dear Families of 6th Graders,
Welcome to Hillview! We look forward to another fabulous year of Camp Hillview, which will take place during the first week of school (Sept. 4 - 7). This shared experience, both academic and social, will give 6th graders the opportunity to get to know one another and become more familiar with Hillview while working and playing together.
THURSDAY and FRIDAY SCHEDULE (all times are approximate and may need to be adjusted):
To defray the cost of buses, food and supplies, we are asking the family of each student for a donation of $30.00. Checks payable to Hillview PTO should be turned in on our arena check-in day, August 31. Scholarships are available for students who qualify for free or reduced lunches. Please contact Ms. Watts, our sixth grade counselor, if you are in need of information about a scholarship.
STUDENT EXPECTATIONS FOR CAMP HILLVIEW:
1. Make a positive first impression!
o Smile often!
o Participate fully and help others participate!
2. Be safe!
The camp directors - Mrs. Bromberg, Ms. Kunkel, or Mrs. Mathenia – will be present to assist and support all students and make sure they are safe. We know all 6th grade students will put their best foot forward during this fun and instructive Hillview event.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR CAMP HILLVIEW:
· Best behavior
· Sense of humor
· Willingness to make new friends
· Recess snacks for three days
· Play clothes, including appropriate shoes for active games
· For Thursday’s or Friday’s pool excursion, students should bring a swimsuit, towel, sunscreen, and bag lunch. We suggest that students wear their swimsuits to school on that day, as opposed to change at Burgess. All students will go to the pool, whether or not they swim.
· Do not bring VALUABLES. Students will not need any money.
Click this LINK for a Camp Hillview permission slip. Please print it, fill it out, sign it, attach a check, and return it on Friday, August 31 to the Camp Hillview Station at Arena Check-In.
It is very important that we get this permission slip, whether or not a child is going to swim.
Thank you, and we look forward to a fabulous camp!
Mrs. Bromberg Ms. Kunkel Mrs. Mathenia
Vesuvius Academy Everest Academy Olympus Academy
Camp Hillview Committee